Friday 1 December 2017

A close encounter

Hi guys today I'm going to blog about our experience this morning about the baby chick.


The chick was a Australorp chick.

The Australorp baby chick didn't hatch with it's mother.

So then the white chicken (Silkie hen) had to adopt the Australorp chick.

It takes 21 days (3 weeks) for a baby chick to hatch out of its egg.

On the 21st when the chick is in its egg, it has grown into its full size in the egg so then the next day it actually comes out of its egg.

When a baby chick is born and when its hatched out of its egg it needs light, food and water.

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Rawinia,

    My name is Megan, and I will be one of the people blogging with you this summer for the Summer Learning Journey. I am really envious that you were able to have such a close encounter with such a cute chick. This must have been a really special experience for you. I really liked how you told us that the chick was born away from his mother and was adopted by another chicken. Did the chicken have any problems bonding with the chick?

    I am thrilled that you've registered for the Summer Learning Journey with us. I know it can sometimes be tricky to get started. I have included a link to the week one activities, but remember, you can do them in any order! Check out the activities on our website, and then post your responses to the activities here on your blog site.

    https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/weekly-activities/week-one

    I am so excited to read more of your posts!

    Have a lovely day,
    Megan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Megan. Thanks for your comment. A challenge that I faced while completing this writing is remembering all the information that we were taught by Ms Johns.
      Blog you later
      -Rawinia!

      Delete
    2. Hey Rawinia,

      I hope you have been having a great year. I was thrilled to see your reply this week. Do you remember any of the information that Ms Johns shared with you?

      I am just at a meeting getting ready to launch the Summer Learning Journey for 2018/19. When you see me at your school come and introduce yourself. I would love to have you involved in the programme this year.

      Enjoy your last term at school,
      Megan

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.